Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Iris Folding

My mom is an avid and talented quilter and has recently expanded the art into paper through iris folding.  On my summer "craft-cation" with Mom and my oldest sister, we each brought a project to share.  Mom taught us a basic, yet extremely versatile iris folding pattern.  I was instantly hooked and created several in various themes.  Today I'm sharing the Halloween version.  This a marvelous way to use up your scraps.
Some Details:
  • The pattern my mom taught us with is from a book that she purchased, so I cannot post that here, however, I did a quick internet search and found oodles of free patterns.  
  • At the suggestion of my sister, I used a skull from the skeleton paper as the focal point for the center (or iris) of my folding.  Then I added some tissue tape, ribbon, and tiny staples for accent, and stamped "BOO" in white pigment ink.  

  • Here's the original card that I made with my mom's instruction.  As you see, it's easy to change the tone of the card through your paper selection.  This one will be perfect for a birthday, thank you, or even sympathy.
  • For this card's focal point, I stamped a tiny butterfly image and then used my Distress Markers to color it to match.

I've got several more of these up my sleeve and will be sharing at the appropriate season.  If you haven't tried iris folding, I obviously highly recommend it!  LOL!

Challenges:
Little Red Wagon: Challenge #154 - Fallin' for You
Paper Pretties: Wednesday Challenge PWC227 - Halloween Cards
Ribbon Carousel: RCC73 - Halloween Spirit

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! ‘Pumpkin Pie’, ‘Basic Black’
Patterned Paper:  scraps
Stamps: Cosmo Cricket ‘Haunted’
Inks: SU! craft ‘White’
Embellishments: Tim Holtz tissue tape ‘Symphony’; ribbon
Tools:  TH tiny attacher

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!