Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Welcome Sign

As soon as I saw The Creative Pointe's "Fall Set", I knew exactly what I wanted to do with that pumpkin SVG!  I gave this welcome sign to a friend for her birthday along with a yummy pumpkin-scented candle.  It turned out so cute, that I wish I would have made one for myself!


The Details:
  • The Creative Pointe's super cute "Fall Set" can be purchased from Cut and Create.
  • I scaled the pumpkin SVG to approx. 10" wide and cut the solid back piece from patterned paper and the sections outline piece from solid card stock.
  • Once those were cut, I scaled the solid back piece down just a touch and cut two more pieces from scrap cardboard, making sure that the back of the pumpkin would be plain cardboard and not the cereal label!  Layered up, this gives the pumpkin a good thickness for its size.  Scaling the cardboard down just that little bit makes it a lot easier to make sure that everything lines up nice and neat and you don't have any extra cardboard showing on the front.  (When I say "just a touch"...for example, if my front piece is 10.00", I would cut my back pieces at 9.80"...just a bit smaller.)
  • The sections outline was covered in a layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and sprinkled with two colors of glitter while the paint was still wet.
  • Distress Stains and Inks were used to create shadows and highlights.
  • I used Sure-Cuts-A-Lot to cut the "Welcome" text from green patterned paper, adhered it to the pumpkin, and covered it in a layer of Glossy Accents.

  • The large paper leaf is one that Cindy offers as a free SVG at The Creative Pointe.  I used just the background portion here.

  • Some Stampin' Up! metal pieces glued on with Glossy Accents and strung with twine form the hanging apparatus.

  • To protect the decorative surface, I gave the finished piece a couple coats of Krylon Crystal Clear.


Challenges:
Fresh Brewed Designs - #67 Pumpkins

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is gorgeous. I'm feeling very old and foolish tho...no idea what an SVG is or how it works LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!